RECON has over 30 years of experience in environmental remediation, geotechnical and civil construction. Clients who team with us in a project’s pre-planning stage benefit greatly from our team’s vast “firsthand” experience.
Early involvement allows our team to identify project challenges and opportunities while allowing ample time to act on and benefit from our findings and recommendations. We pride ourselves on identifying solutions that provide our clients with additional cost and schedule savings through constructability reviews and design enhancements, the application of alternative construction technologies, and rigorous scheduling optimization efforts.
Our project controls program uses industry-leading techniques to deliver rapid feedback on critical information to optimize the effectiveness of management decisions. We recognize that project outcomes can only be optimized when the responsible parties are well-informed, enabled, and accountable for the results. Our project controls group is managed independently of construction operations to ensure that all reported information is accurate and unbiased. Focused on driving efficiency and delivering value to our clients, our project control team provides transparent communication through client alignment meetings and detailed reporting of productivity, budgets, schedules, and change management.
RECON uses the following project control tools and techniques to help ensure our client's goals are met or exceeded:
- Using parametric estimating and bench-marking of historic project performance to develop realistic estimates and project objectives
- Establishing “baseline” cost, schedule, and productivity estimates by which “actuals” are continuously measured
- Using critical path method scheduling analysis & optimization
- Holding a client schedule and project coordination meetings
- Using standard and customized daily/weekly/monthly project reporting suites
- Tracking quantity-based progress and productivity by key commodity
- Developing, tracking, and reporting key performance indicators
- Establishing and maintaining project risk registers
- Applying job-to-date cost analysis with an estimate to complete forecasting
- Following formal project close-out and documented lessons learned process
When a project is awarded to RECON, our team establishes a project execution plan, which serves as the framework to ensure that the necessary personnel, equipment, and technology resources are deployed to support the project’s goals and objectives.
The project execution plan requires input from the estimating, engineering, procurement, and construction teams to be effective. We collaborate with our clients to ensure the combined team’s full experience in these disciplines is incorporated into the project execution plan. This effort also results in a comprehensive and optimized project schedule and budget while simultaneously establishing the project’s baseline target(s) that actual performance is measured.
RECON uses multiple tools to develop our project execution plan, including:
- Benchmarking and lessons learned from prior projects
- Engineering & constructability reviews
- Development of commodity and resource histograms/curves
- Scheduling critical path analysis using Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Identifying risk assessments and contingency budgets where appropriate
- Performing budget/cost analysis and optimization using estimating link software
- Developing procurement schedule and “buy out” plans
- Preparing a project turnover schedule